My daughter and I have just had the best time ever. Majorly girly bonding stuff mostly. There are some places to avoid if you are shopping with your daughter – NEVER do what I did and share a Victoria’s Secret cubicle. All the bra’s looked SO much better on her that I was massively depressed by the end.
Here are some of the things we really enjoyed doing:-
1. EMPIRE STATE BUILDING – just amazing views
2. WALKING UP FIFTH AVENUE – for the Empire State Building, Rockerfeller Building (similar views), the Library (scene in Sex In The City when SJP got married), St Patrick’s Cathedral and many fabulous shops including Saks.
3. WALKING IN CENTRAL PARK – we also checked out the Dakota apartments where John Lennon was shot just opposite the park on the East side.
4. MAGNOLIA BAKERY – daughter’s favourite cupcakes ever.
5. VICTORIA’S SECRETS – great bra’s (but don’t share a cubicle)
8. BALTHAZAR’S to eat (lovely buzzy restaurant in Soho)
8. BUBBY’S for brunch – arguably the best pancakes in town (Tribeca)
10. NORMA’s in the Parker Meridian hotel – again arguably the best pancakes in town and certainly the best freshly squeezed orange juice ever)
11. FOREVER 21 – cheap clothes for teenagers, although I found some bits and pieces too
12. NAIL BAR for manicure. Got to be done.
13. SOHO – shops are great – especially Dean and Deluca food/bakery/kitchen stuff
14. WOLFGANG’S – Best steakhouse in town
15. PASTIS – lovely casual Italian for dinner
16. GRAND CENTRAL STATION – lovely building and you can eat Magnolia cupcakes downstairs
17. 9/11 MEMORIAL “REFLECTING ABSENCE”
18. WALKING ALONG THE “HIGHLINE” and then pop in to the Jane hotel at the bottom of Jane street for some food.